If you’re a mixed martial artist looking for the next best thing to maximize your recovery and keep yourself octagon-ready, then CBD oils may just be the secret ingredient.
In this article, I’ve plucked out what I think are some of the best CBD oils for MMA so you can make an easy choice.
Check out the quick comparison of all three top choices:
Keep scrolling if you’re still struggling to choose to see every option, plus a guide on what to look out for in a CBD oil.
Note: Remember, supplements are not a substitute for a healthy lifestyle. It’s important to speak with your doctor or dietitian before trying any new supplements and Do Your Own Research! Additionally, make sure none of the ingredients in these supplements are prohibited by any fight organization you’re affiliated with.
Table of Contents
Top CBD oils for MMA
First up, I’ll give you my selection of the CBD oils I recommend you to consider for important martial arts factors like recovery and healing.
I’m ranking them from best to not-the-best, but any one of these would likely benefit your performance and recovery for MMA.
Just remember, you should do your own research and consult your doctor and MMA team before using CBD. It’s not a magic bullet for everyone, so take caution.
1. CBDPure’s Full Spectrum CBD Oil
CBDPure Hemp Oils are high-potency, full-spectrum CBD oils that can aid MMA fighters in recovery and performance.
Rich in phytonutrients, terpenes, and cannabinoids, these oils can help reduce inflammation, improve sleep quality, and enhance focus, providing fighters with the edge they need in training and competition.
- Full-spectrum CBD for maximum benefits
- Available in three strengths (300mg, 600mg, 1000mg)
- Third-party lab tested for purity and potency
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- Simple formula with hemp seed oil
- Promotes overall wellness and vitality
- Unflavored, may not appeal to all
- Requires consistent use for best results
- Higher potencies can be expensive
2. Mission Farm’s Pure CBD Oil
Mission Farm's CBD Oil is a full-spectrum CBD blend that enhances physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Ideal for MMA fighters, it aids in reducing inflammation, boosting energy, improving mood, and promoting deep sleep, which is essential for recovery and performance.
- Full-spectrum CBD for holistic health benefits
- Available in 1000mg and 2000mg sizes
- Vanilla Mint and Cinnamon flavors
- Can reduce inflammation and increase energy
- Improves mood and promotes deep sleep
- Organic MCT Coconut Oil for better CBD absorption
- May be pricey for some
- Limited flavor options
- Upsets stomach for some people
3. Leaf Remedys’ Full Spectrum CBD Tincture
Leaf Remedys' Full Spectrum CBD Tincture is a potent, natural remedy designed for MMA fighters.
Packed with cannabinoids and terpenes, this CBD oil aids in recovery, reduces inflammation, and enhances focus, making it an essential addition to any fighter's wellness routine.
- Available in 500mg, 1000mg, 2000mg, 3000mg sizes
- Natural and Mint flavors
- Full-spectrum for maximum benefits
- Can be taken sublingually or in drinks
- Gluten-free and lab-tested
- Made in the USA
- Only two flavor options
- Not evaluated by the FDA
- Must be 21 years or older to purchase
4. Healthworx CBD Oil
HealthworxCBD's THC-Free CBD Oil is a high-quality, organic product suitable for MMA fighters.
This CBD oil aids in recovery, reduces inflammation and promotes better sleep.
It's derived from non-GMO, pesticide-free industrial hemp, ensuring a clean, potent supplement to support your rigorous training regimen.
- THC-Free version available with no psychoactive effects
- Promotes faster recovery
- Reduces inflammation and pain
- Enhances sleep quality
- Organic, non-GMO, pesticide-free
- Third-party lab tested for purity
- May require dosage experimentation
- Not FDA-approved for medical claims
- Taste could be better
5. PlusCBD Peppermint CBD Oil
PlusCBD's Extra Strength CBD Oil Drops, enriched with cannabinoids, terpenes, and fatty acids, are a perfect supplement for MMA fighters.
This full-spectrum hemp extract aids in recovery, reduces anxiety, and improves sleep, enhancing overall performance.
- Supports endocannabinoid system
- Enhances sleep quality
- Reduces anxiety levels
- Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Vegan
- Pleasant peppermint flavor
- Third-party tested for quality
- Comes in 250mg or 750mg concentrations
- May not suit all tastes but can try unflavoured
- Higher price point on greater concentrations
6. cbdMD CBD Oil Tincture
CBDmd's CBD Oil Tincture is a versatile, THC-free product, perfect for MMA fighters.
Infused with a Superior Broad Spectrum CBD formula in MCT oil, it aids in recovery, reduces inflammation, and boosts energy.
Its third-party lab-tested quality ensures consistency and effectiveness in enhancing performance and overall well-being.
- THC-free, suitable for athletes
- Derived from U.S. hemp
- Third-party lab-tested for quality
- Vegan and Gluten-Free
- Infused into energy-boosting MCT oil
- Wide range of concentrations available
- High concentration variants may taste bitter
- May cause drowsiness
7. Puresport CBD Oil Tincture
Experience the power of nature with Puresport's 1000mg CBD Oil Tincture.
This THC-free, BSCG-certified oil is designed to support the brain and body, optimizing wellness for MMA fighters.
It aids in recovery, reduces inflammation, and enhances sleep, helping fighters stay in peak condition.
- THC-free, safe for athletes
- BSCG certified, ensuring quality
- Loved and trusted by athletes
- Scientific formulation for optimal wellness
- Ethically and sustainably sourced
- Speedy delivery in UK/EU
- Highly rated on Trustpilot
- UK based, delivery slower to US
- Lowest strength is 1000mg which may be too high for some
- High cost may deter some athletes
Guide to picking CBD for fighters
If you are a mixed martial artist or even a fighter of any kind, then I know all too well that you want to prioritize two things: performance and recovery.
The more performance you can get out of your training, the better you’re going to do on the day of the fight.
And the better recovery you’re getting, the more time you can spend in the gym and training with greater ferociousness, usually leading to better fight results.
With that in mind, these next few points will cover what you should look out for in CBD oil.
Absolutely no THC
It may be obvious, but it’s worth confirming that you should be double-checking that the CBD product you pick doesn’t have any THC.
Trace amounts of THC can be acceptable, but it must fall under 150ng/mL of THC metabolites to be within allowances of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) that most promotions adhere to.
Some CBD brands will sell both THC and non-THC CBD oils, so be mindful to check the ingredients.
And to make that simple, your CBD should be coming from Hemp.
Hemp is a cousin to the marijuana plant but doesn’t contain the psychoactive ingredient tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
At least, not in any noticeable amount.
So that’s why when you’re selecting a CBD oil, it should state that it’s derived from the Hemp plant.
Most CBD oils are, of course, to meet the laws of the land – but it’s worthwhile to be sure, especially when your MMA career is on the line.
No toxic or rancid ingredients
The purity of what you put into your body, especially something new, is really vital for fighters.
You’ve got a well-oiled (pun intended) machine specialized for fighting, and so the wrong ingredient could disrupt that balance.
With all the marketing around CBD products, there is sure to be brands that cut corners and don’t have their manufacturing process perfected for quality.
During the making of CBD oils, there can be several points at which toxic or rancid chemicals can enter the final product.
So be vigilant about the brand you choose, and try to find out about the inclusion of any of these ingredients:
- Heavy metals — lead, mercury, arsenic
- Essential oils — that may have been manufactured poorly and then added to CBD oils
If the CBD brand you’re considering doesn’t display any information about these, email them and ask!
A decent CBD oil brand will put its money where its mouth is and subject its product to third-party testing.
This testing produces a Certificate of Analysis (COA) that the seller should be able to provide as part of its product marketing materials or packaging.
It ensures that the product label matches what’s actually in the product, so you know what you’re getting.
Try to find out if your CBD oil of choice has certifications that support its statement of quality.
Certifications for CBD include:
And there are likely more certifications and groups to add to the quality checks of these products in different countries around the world.
But also validate that these certifications are of a high standard, too. Do your research!
Final say on CBD oils for fighting
So there you have it.
I’ve given you my top picks for CBD oils for MMA fighters as well as some guidance on what quality factors to look out for when buying.
My top choices are the CBDPure, Mission Farm, and Leaf Remedys oils.
Always consult your doctor or physician before starting a new supplement like CBD.
What to read next
Here is some great follow-up reads about improving fighter recovery: